A Humble beginning
Bachelor of Science (BS), Computer Science (2000 – 2003)
At an affiliated institute Petroman Training Institute, Main Campus, Karachi
Rakuten Marketing EU - Product Manager / Technical Analyst
July 2018 – Present (2 months)London, United Kingdom
Helping Rakuten achieve better results in Ecosystem & Service integration space.
• Post-merger integration support
• Client Integration support & workflow management
• Technical analysis of client services & post-merger integration support
• Fraud detection workflow management & support
Rakuten - Product Manager (Mobile Ecosystem & Developer Experience)
August 2014 – July 2018 (4 years)Tokyo, Japan
Product Manager in a cross functional team that designed & built the Ecosystem for Native Mobile Apps, which includes Native SDKs, APIs Suite, Cloud Services, Configuration Management & Analytics tool.
• Over 20 million Monthly Active Users (MAUs) use our products in different apps
• Over 50 native Android & iOS apps have adopted the ecosystem
• Adoption by product teams across Asia, Europe & US
• Evangelize adoption of tools and technologies, reach out to different teams in Rakuten
• Highlight bottlenecks in integration & adoption of technology
• Maintain an active Developer Portal (Documentation, Tutorials, FAQs & announcements)
• Serve as voice of customer for the product development teams
• Manage L0, L1 & L2 support for Developers adopting different technologies
• Track and report Adoption, Integration and Support KPIs
Pring - Head Of Products
March 2012 – March 2014 (2 years 1 month)Pring HQ, Lahore, Pakistan
Pring was a fast growing mobile social network in Pakistan which reached out to a large number of offline users via Text messaging.
• Monthly Active Users (MAU’s) – increased it from 11% to 54%
• Growth (through organic & viral features) – From 2 million users to more than 6.5 million+
• Valid Classification of user commands via Text messaging – increased from 72% to 93%
• Improved onboarding experience – New users signing up were made more active and sticky, impact measured by Cohort Analysis.
CentumX - Founder, Chief Product Officer
June 2010 – October 2012 (2 years 5 months)Lahore, Pakistan
Founded a technology startup, CentumX, partnered up with Zapna Aps (Denmark) for their product development efforts which led to their acquisition by Velatel (a consortium of telecom companies in Scandinavian Europe)
• Founded a technology startup
• Lead the product development efforts e.g. managing roadmaps, defining & measuring KPIs, Prioritisation of backlog, Drafting specification, Managing sprints & deliverables.
• Built VoIP calling solution, International roaming, SMS connectivity, Billing System & CRM
• Hired, trained and left the team in required technologies.
• Built a white label for Zerocall, it was called “Land’n Call” and operated out of Sweden.
BeamaLife Corporation - Principle Software Engineer (IT & Web)
November 2008 – March 2010 (1 year 5 months)Piscataway, NJ
Beamalife is aFintech Startup – A knlowedge & advisory services for financial products & life insurance in USA.
As Product Manager for Beamalife, I established their offshore tech office, hired and trianed their teams.
• Built Company’s Web presence, sales agents portal, CSR portal using Ruby / RoR.
• Increased website engagement, Organic lead generation through SEO, Integration with CRM systems & Automating their sales pipeline via Salesforce.
• Helped them gain organic online leads (for free via SEO) as opposed to paid leads ($45 to $150 per lead).
• Hired and trained their development team on Ruby, Ruby on Rails, data entry operators, and data analysts to analyze user data on daily basis.
Sheritech Pvt. Limited - Software Engineer
November 2006 – July 2008 (1 year 9 months)Copenhagen Area, Denmark
Sheritech’s core product was CAAPU, a social aggregator & location based social network
• Founding member of this company with Danish & Pakistani entrepreneurs.
• Assisted the startup in defining the core product offering.
• Responsible for developing company’s core product as a software engineer.
• Self learnt Ruby language & Ruby on Rails framework, trained 2 subsequent teams of 4 developers each.
• Use Ruby language & Ruby on Rails platform for development.
Badar IT Solutions - Product Support Executive
June 2001 – December 2001 (7 months)Karachi, Pakistan
- I was one of the founding members of this technology consulting company.
- Identified potential for 2 products by consulting with potential clients.
- Made 2 direct sales for this company.
- An online order tracking system for a textile exporter & buying house.
- An email manager & monitoring system that competed with Netscape Mail